There are two main ways of receiving food from St. Mary's Food Pantry:
1) If you just need food to get you through a short-term emergency, you can get a pre-packed bag of non-perishable food at St. Mary's Parish Offices. They are open all days, but shorter hours on the weekends.
2) If your situation is more long-term, you will need to be interviewed and qualified to shop for food once a month at our Food Pantry (see contact info on the home page). In order to qualify, you need to:
a. Live within our service area: Pompton Lakes, Bloomingdale, Wanaque, Haskell, Butler, and Oakland. If you live in Wayne or Riverdale, you'll need to contact your food pantry [Wayne: 973-694-1800 Ext. 3281 Regina Parks; Riverdale: 973-835-4060 Ext. 6 Linda Roetman]
b. At the interview, have the following paperwork with you:
1. Photo I.D. (drivers license)
2. Copy of a utility bill showing your address
3. Documents verifying all members in your household
4. Documents showing any income or public assistance received by you or any members of your household, [we go by the income guidelines supplied by The Emergency Food Assistance Program of NJ]
c. Phone the Parish Office (973-835-0374) and leave a message with the receptionist we will return your call and set up an appointment.